Immigration laws may seem complex and convoluted to many. Bringing foreign workers to the US can be an overwhelming process, given that business immigration matters are even stricter and specific. This is where the right business immigration lawyer in Dallas, TX can make a difference. As the name suggests, the role of an immigration attorney is to guide businesses on all aspects related to immigration regulations and laws. Right from advising on Form I-9 compliance, PERM Labor Certification and filing petitions, to family immigration and other serious issues like deportation – the role of an immigration attorney cannot be discounted.
In this post, we are sharing more on what it takes to choose the right business immigration lawyer.
- Ask around. Making a shortlist of top immigration attorneys in Dallas is obviously the first step. Consider asking around for references. There are also websites like Avvo that can really help. Also, do check if the concerned attorney or law firm has good reviews, for which Google is always handy.
- Schedule a free consultation. Most law firms dealing with immigration issues do offer free consultation for clients. This could be a big advantage and a window to know the attorney better. Meet your business immigration attorney in person, to know what they can do for your company.
- Ask questions. The first meeting is also a good time to ask a few questions like –
- How long have you been an immigration lawyer?
- What percentage of your cases are dedicated to immigration cases?
- Can you share a few local references in Dallas?
- Do you have time for our company?
- What are your charges like?
- Discuss your requirements. You may want to discuss a few things related to hiring foreign workers. Allow the immigration attorney to offer their advice and insight, and this is also a nice point to ask about their work profile. A good business immigration attorney should be able to align their expertise with the needs of your business.
- Costs and other details. Immigration attorneys usually work on an hourly rate, and it is wise to get an idea of the costs of hiring a law firm for your business. Make sure that you have a ballpark estimate at the least. Also, you need to have that one point of contact for all immigration matters.
Check online for best law firms in Dallas for business immigration matters.