Have you ever had a condition where you feel that your nose feels so stuffy and uncomfortable? If yes, then you might be suffering from a condition called sinusitis (resdung). A sinusitis is a condition where your sinuses (space inside your noses) starts to inflamed. It can be caused by a lot of causes and the common causes include infection, growth inside your sinuses and also swelling inside your nose. Sinusitis can be divided into two categories, acute and chronic sinusitis. People with acute sinusitis might suffer for just a few weeks. This is because it is usually caused by an infection. Once the infection goes away, the noses will start to function normally. However, if you are having a chronic sinusitis, this condition can take months or even years if not treated.
As mentioned above, sinusitis can make someone feel very uncomfortable. This is true because the symptoms can be very bothersome and will make it hard for you to do your daily activities. The inflammation inside your nose will produce a lot of mucus and make it hard for you to breathe. Besides, it can also cause some redness on your face. So, what are the common symptoms of sinusitis? What are the signs that can tell whether you are having sinusitis or not? The list below will tell you about the symptoms and signs of sinusitis.
- Thick and discolored discharge from the nose
- Nasal inflammation
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, hence making it hard for you to breathe through you nose
- The mucus from the nose can travel towards the back of your throat (post-nasal drainage) causing cough
- Swelling, pain and also tenderness around the face especially at the nose, around the eyes and also the cheeks
- Reduced sense of smell because of the nasal obstruction caused by mucus production
- Reduce sense of taste
Not all people with sinusitis have the same symptoms. Sometimes, people also reported to have uncommon symptoms. Other symptoms that might develop during a sinusitis are listed below:
- Ear pain
- Sore throat
- Upper jaw and teeth aching
- Cough and throat clearing
- Bad breath
Both the acute and chronic sinusitis will show the same symptoms. However, bear in mind that all the symptoms and signs that are listed above are not exhaustive. Meaning that some other person can experience another symptom that is not listed here.
If you think that you have sinusitis, the first thing that is wise to do is to remain calm. There is no need to panic because this disease is usually safe and the probability to develop a complication is quite low. However, you still need to seek treatment and solve this condition especially if you find out that this condition is hampering your daily life. It is always recommended to go and meet your doctor as soon as possible if you think that this condition is worrying you. You can follow the guideline listed below if in doubt:
- Your sinusitis symptoms lasted for more than ten days and does not seems to go away
- Your symptoms do not improve at all after seeing and seeking a treatment
- You had some series of sinusitis, however it does not respond to any treatment at all
These are some possible situations that you might be aware of. You need to immediately meet your doctor so that he or she can provide the next possible treatment for you. Make sure that you tell your doctor every detail about your health information such as current disease, current medication, medical history and also your general health. This is to make sure that your doctor can come to a right conclusion, and hopefully treat your condition.